Effective Date: August 30, 2018
Last Updated: August 17, 2020
If you are a California or Nevada resident, you may view our California and Nevada Privacy Notices below.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, home address, telephone number and email address.
- Billing Information. For example, this may include your billing address and information about your method of payment.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through our Platform. We may also collect other information you submit through an online comment, when you contact our sales or support teams or participate in a promotion.
- Demographic Information. We may collect demographic information such as your birthdate, age, and zip code.
- Employment Information. We may collect information about your employer and your professional position. We may also collect your business contact informatio
- Social Media Information. We may collect the information you post on our social media pages.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Platform allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your user name and password
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products or services in which you are interested, or have considered or purchased. We may also collect personal information about your purchasing habits, or consuming history or tendencies.
- Usage Information. We may collect information regarding how you use the Platform. For example, we may collect information regarding what Platform features are useful or most frequently used.
- Technical Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase our products and services.
- Request to receive our marketing communications.
- Submit an inquiry to us.
- Complete an online form.
- Contact our support team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Otherwise interact with us.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device or click on a sponsored link or third-party advertisement. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Platform.
- From Third-Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities.
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks and analytics vendors or companies that co-sponsor one of our promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram.
- Your contacts who provide your information to us because they think you may be interested in our products and services or they want to share a product or service with you.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third-parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third-parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This includes fulfilling your requests for our products and services.
- To Customize Your Experience With Us. This may include displaying products that may be of interest to you.
- To Run and Improve Our Platform and Business. We may use your information to make our Platform and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Provide Customer Support. This includes responding to customer service and support requests.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives. This includes using your information to personalize your experience on our Platform and with our products. We may also engage in online behavioral advertising and retargeting. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices Regarding Your Information section below.
- For Administrative Purposes. This includes using your information for accounting, record keeping, backup, and administrative purposes
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our parent, subsidiary, and affiliate entities.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third-parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include data aggregators, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers. We may also share your information with a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion.
- With Third-Parties for Marketing Purposes. This may include third-parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third-parties may also share your information with others. These third-parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business. For example, if we merge with, acquires or is acquired, or sells part of its business to another entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- Where You Have Asked Us to Share Your Information With a Third-Party.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section (our “California Privacy Notice”) describes our personal information practices, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this California Privacy Notice does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members or prospects for employment-related purposes; or
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions.
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” purposes as this term is defined under CCPA.
- We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for either a “commercial purpose” or a “business purposes” as these terms are defined in CCPA.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out. CCPA provides a right to opt-out of the “sale” of personal information as the term “sale” is defined in CCPA. Please note that we do not currently engage in the “sale” (as defined by CCPA) of personal information. If you would like to limit the cookies and other tracking tools used our on Platform, please visit our About Our Ads policy.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.com. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request, specify which right you are exercising, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA RIGHTS. If you reside in California, you also have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” request, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
This section (our “Nevada Privacy Notice”) outlines certain rights for Nevada residents. If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. We do not currently engage in the “sale” (as defined by Nevada law) of personal information. That stated, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can email us at email@example.com. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request, and include your name, telephone number and the email address you used to access our Platform.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
The Platform where this Policy is located are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from persons under the age of 18, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has provided us with information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us or receive our products or services, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding your account and our services.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
We take appropriate steps to preserve the security of your personal information, including preventing them from being distorted, damaged or disclosed to unauthorized third parties. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control.
However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. A username and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. Consequently, it is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States (“U.S.”). If you live outside of the U.S., you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the U.S. or non-EU countries, in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. This Platform is intended for use in the U.S. and is subject to the laws of the U.S., which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third-party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.